It’s not hard to enjoy the lakes and rivers of North Idaho. More than half of all the surface waters in Idaho are here in the Panhandle, from foam-flecked river rapids challenging the whitewater rafter to glassy, quiet lakes perfect for canoes. If you’re looking to cool off from the summer heat on a boat or jet ski, watercraft rentals are available from:
- JAWS in Coeur d’Alene - Pontoon boats and jet skis plus the toys to expand the fun. They deliver, launch and pick up at local lakes. (208) 765-8333
- Hi Water Adventures - In Harrison on Lake Coeur d’Alene. Offers power boat, pontoon, waverunner and kayak rentals. (208) 582-0177
- Sandpoint Marine and Motor Sports - Boat, watercraft, kayak, canoe and paddle board rentals for Lake Pend Oreille. They also have RV and Motor Sport rentals. (208) 263-1535
- North Idaho College’s Outdoor Pursuits - Kayaks, canoes and whitewater rafting equipment. Also classes and group trips. (208) 769-3290.
- Paddle boats - Available to rent by the hour at Independence Point in Coeur d’Alene or the city beach in Sandpoint.