Just 10 minutes north of Post Falls off Hwy 41, Rathdrum offers small-town living at its best. Originally named Westwood, it was the county seat at the turn of the last century, with the railroad depot as the heart of the community. The Old Kootenai County Jail was built in 1890 and served as the Sheriff’s Office and Jail until 1908 when the courthouse and jail were moved to Coeur d’Alene. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has been recently renovated and opened as a museum. Also located in Rathdrum and on the Register is Idaho’s oldest brick church, the St. Stanislaus Kostka Mission. Rathdrum is anchored on the edge of the Rathdrum Prairie in the shadow of beautiful Rathdrum Peak. Rathdrum’s neighbors are the Twin Lakes which are a popular recreation and camping spot in addition to being home of a golf village with an 18-hole course, restaurant and lounge.